Sunday 28 January 2018

John 1:1 goes out the window

Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one." (Isaiah 44:8)

The above verse negates or nullifies the idea that Jesus was with God from the beginning of time as found in John 1:1

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word is God. ( John 1:1)

Notice how Yahweh in Isaiah is adamant, that he is unaware of any other God beside him. What's more interesting about this saying is, Yahweh is reminding the people he already made mention of this during ancient times and making them witness that he knows of no other God beside him. If this truly is the claim, then John 1:1 goes out of the window.

If Jesus was God with God before the creation, then Isaiah 44:8 is a blatant lie. Which goes against God's own word where he claims never to lie.

God is not a man, that he should lie (Numbers 23:19)

From the above saying we can derive John was lying. Notice how the verse starts of by saying "
God is not a man, that he should lie" Yahweh is not a man but John was. John being a man is capable of lying. Here God is making a distinction that God is not like man that he would lie. He can see how John lies that Jesus was with God before creation. If John was true why didn't God make any clear reference to Jesus being with him? Instead could God not have said in Isaiah

Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? Yes, besides me is my only Son and no other No." (Isaiah 44:8)


Wouldn't of that been more accurate saying, that Jesus was also with God beside him? So why then did Yahweh make no mention of Jesus as being a divine God with him, if he was truly was
in the bosom John 1:8. saying that in many other verses, God is explicit that he is the Only God and no other God is with him.

I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. (Isaiah 43:11)

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, (Isaiah 45:5)

Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. (Isaiah 46:9)


And on and on, interestingly Isaiah 46:9 tells us " I am God, and there is none like me.". The question is, was Jesus like God in any way? If so maybe you can give us a few examples. Using the argument God became flesh so he could not be like God is very weak, since the very same God in Numbers 23 confirms he is not a man so he would not lie. This means Jesus was capable of lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refuting The Argument That The Hadith Have Been Collected 200 Years After The Prophet PBUH And Therefore Are Unreliable

  by Bassam Zawadi Shaykh Shahidullah Faridi says... The first of the criticisms which are now commonly being directed against the Hadith is...